Would you like to become a foster carer to help us rescue more bunnies?
Listen to Karolina as she describes her experience as Foster Carer
What does it take to be a good foster carer?
You need to
- provide a safe, secure and loving indoor (!) home to your foster rabbit
- provide daily care, time, space and attention your foster rabbit requires
- learn the basics of rabbit care - we provide all the learning material you need
- stick to our guidelines and recommendations - they are based on many years of experience and research
- communicate with us - ask questions if you have any and respond to emails from our team in a timely manner
How can I become a foster carer?
Complete your foster carer application. You will receive a welcome email immediately. Send through photos of where you would accommodate your bunny as per the instructions.
Our team of volunteers will check your application and contact you via text or phone to chat about getting you set up for fostering a rescue rabbit.
Once approved, we ask you to attend an induction session, and to read all training material available on our Foster Carer Portal prior to this session.
When a rabbit requires foster care we will get in touch with you to make arrangements and make sure you will have all the equipment you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the rabbits that we can only rescue if we find new foster carers:
Join the community!
We are here for you every step of the way. Our community of foster carers have a wonderful support network and are happy to help you at any time.
It really is a rewarding experience knowing that you have helped the Rabbit Sanctuary rescue more rabbits, and when the time comes, your foster bunny finds a wonderful forever home.